Saturday, November 28, 2009

GAME PREVIEW: BYU vs. Utah

The game preview for BYU vs. Utah is posted on http://www.isportsweb.com/. Check it out to see what I will be watching for and what other story lines have caught my interest If you have not been to that sight lately, take a good look at the other posts. I have made several this week.

Let me address some specific questions from you who follow the blog that I was unable to work into the post on isportsweb. No, Utah does not have the right personnel to stretch BYU to the breaking point. I think BYU is in complete control whether they win this game and by how much. That isn't to say that Utah does not have talented player who will put up a fight, but if BYU executes well then BYU will get their points and the Utah offense will struggle with an inexperienced quarterback, whether it is Terrence Cain or Jordan Wynn. I don't consider the Utah passing game aggressive. They rely on a solid run game and use the pass to keep teams honest, and with this year's quarterbacks, the run definitely comes first with Utah. Yes, I think BYU will excute well enough to win, and I just might get what we have not had yet this century, a big BYU win. All four of our wins have been fourth quarter comebacks, while Utah has had two blowouts this decade.

2 comments:

  1. Home field advantage won this game. Brigham Young has a large stadium and gives away thousands of tickets to students and locals. Next year, home field goes to Utah with a smaller stadium (but always sold out) and a less vocal crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very close game, but I don't think that I would credit Home Field Advantage as the difference maker. You can read my reaction to it on Isportsweb.com (http://isportsweb.com/2009/11/28/game-recap-byu-26-utah-23/).

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete