Saturday, February 27, 2010

WEEK IN REVIEW

I have come up with a format for the offseason. Each week I will do a week in review on Saturday that touches on the big stories of the week. Then you can give your input in the comments section about what stories you want to hear more about from me. Don't feel limited by the list I provide. If something interests you and I left it off my list, put it in the comments and I will research it and give my take during the week. I want to know what interests you so I can provide a better experience for you.

This week the big stories include:

1. The NCAA finding Michigan out of compliance on practices.

2. The NCAA finishing its hearings of the USC athletic department.

3. The NFL combine in Indianapolis.

4. New rules regarding the eye black and celebration penalties. Eye black must be just that, no logos, numbers, words, or scripture references. Celebration penalties will now be live ball fouls, so touchdowns will be called back if a player celebrates excessively.

Now it's your turn to tell me what you think and want more of.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the new rule regarding taunting/unsportsmanlike conduct/excessive celebration is that it's a spot foul now. So if you do it before you score, the score is taken away. If you do it after the score, it's assessed on the extra point or the kick off. In other words, it's not a big deal; in most situations, the taunting goes on after the score. (It's possible that I've misunderstood the rule chnage, though.)

    ReplyDelete